Die Cut Felt Flowers

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Hello! This month, the Eileen Hull Inspiration team is sharing projects made with Eileen's new Sizzix Heartfelt collection using Kunin felt. I created a sweet bouquet of Felt Flowers!


I'm really crushing on the felt crafting right now. Felt is so soft to work with that it's soothing. I think it's the crafting equivalent of comfort food!

I'd like to share my easy technique to make a pot of these sweet little blooms. First, I die cut my flowers using three flower dies and the leaf die in Eileen's Stitchy Flowers and Leaf set. I used three colors of Kunin felt. I used Minty, Baby Blue and the pretty Olive.

Once the felt was cut, I colored the centers with PanPastels. Using chalks on felt is nothing new. It's a technique that gives your projects dimension each and every time. It's a bit messy, but so worth it! Using PanPastel like a chalk, I colored the Minty with Ultra Blue Shade, and the Baby Blue was colored with Phthalo Blue Shade.
After my felt die pieces were colored, I poked a hole through the center with an awl and stacked them three and four deep on a 4 inch piece of covered wire. I added some Beacons 3-in-1 glue to the center and gently pulled the petals up to create dimension. A leaf was glued to each stem and voila! They're finished!

Now I have a sweet little dish of flowers to add a pop of color to my kitchen!

Thank you for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. Michelle, your flowers are stunning, they look so realistic too!! Such a great tip to use the Pan Pastels, it defines the flowers so beautifully... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE you flowers, they look so dimensional, the colouring with the PPs makes them really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flowers are just gorgeous Michelle! They look beautiful in your pretty vase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are amazingly realistic looking! I love your comparison of crafting with felt to comfort food! Now you are talking my language! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)